Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Emotional Affirmation




When I was a kid, my siblings and I always got the biggest kick out of watching my mom watch T.V. The emotions revealed on her face were hilarious (big frowns in sad places was our favorite). I think we enjoyed watching her more than the T.V. show.

I still get a big kick out of human nature and how people will look at each other as they are watching a show to see if the other person is getting the same amusement out of it that they are. We were watching our Brian Regan DVD (a hilarious comedian) the other day that we've seen a million times and the girls were still eyeballing Art at the punchlines to see if he was experiencing joy from that particular joke. I couldn't resist getting my camera out to try to catch "the look" on film. I guess Art is no different from the way my mom was, because whatever face he was making, it sure did crack Sophie up! From one generation to the next.

3 comments:

  1. Hey Susan! Welcome to blogging. It is so fun! Glad I found your blog. Now I can keep up with your family. I love Brian Regan. I'll have to borrow that DVD sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so sweet! I think those girls love their daddy. I have noticed that my kids do the same thing and sometimes (unbeknownst to them) I amp up the emotions just to make them happy. You really captured it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the "inside" stuff...it cracks me up! And we all know exactly what you are talking about even if we have never said it ourselves. I LOVE the chair memory on your last one too. Love you! Nina

    ReplyDelete